2.24.2010

Is your Grime Bleached?

I was cleaning my sink this morning...it's white...has to be bleached a LOT...when I noticed the cup in my little drainy thingy was gross...so I decided...I'll BLEACH that too! So I did...I bleached the grime in that thing so good you could barely notice it was still in there, but it was. Then that got me to thinking...what grime in my life has been bleached but not scrubbed away? 


I think it's normal for all of us to have areas in our life we struggle with. We pray over them, ask the Lord to search our hearts and minds and rid us of our grime. In some cases He does in ways we will never forget...and I mean NEVER...and in other ways...we ask, and we bleach...but we don't REALLY want the scrub. We're not willing to get our muscle in it and scrub the livin' daylights out of it so we can be rid of it once and for all. Just bleach that grime...no one will notice it's still there, and I MIGHT pretend it's not there either. 


In my reading this morning I came across Proverbs 20:30, it says this: Blows and wounds cleanse away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being.  I kind of giggled and then said 'Amen'. This is the muscle that cleanses our soul! What I have learned is either I will have the strength to stay in the word and expel my life of the grime...and this is the easy way...OR...God will purge my inmost being with that 2x4. THAT hurts! Not very encouraging is it? Well how about this:


WHEN we've finished this race, cleansed of our grime and all...and we will...this is the glory that awaits us (and gives my heart such comfort)



Revelation 19:7-9
 
7Let us rejoice and be glad
      and give him glory!
   For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
      and his bride has made herself ready.
 
8Fine linen, bright and clean,
      was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)

 9Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."


I don't know about you, but I can't wait for that fine linen - BRIGHT and CLEAN. 


I love you all,


Sara

No comments: