1.26.2011

My emotions...

I've been lost in the land of busy lately. And other than my last blog post, I haven't found much 'write' in me...if you know what I mean. So I thought i would kick off a new round of blogs by telling you somethings that you don't know about me. I experience strong emotions. Some of them are so overwhelming that I can't even write about it without evoking the emotion and soaking my shirt while I write. Other's aren't as strong, but I thought I'd share with you some things that just 'get' me. So here goes:


I can't watch National Geographic without getting upset. I can't watch daytime TV without feeling dumber. I can't watch Craig Ferguson without laughing my fool head off and then promptly falling to sleep after his monologue. I can't hear my son tell me he loves me without turning into mush on the inside. I can't look at my daughter without seeing the difficult years she has ahead of her just having to be a girl and all that entails. I can't look her in her face without being completely overwhelmed with love for her and gratitude that God gave her to me. I can't be in the same room with my husband without thinking how sexy he is. I can't go through a day without thinking about Isaac and how much I wish he was hear being 4 with us. I can't think about my brothers without feeling completely blessed to have such an amazing group of guys in my life. I can't think about my brother's wives without being totally giddy with excitement that they don't suck the life out of me and I LOVE every single one of them. I can't think about my husbands family without being totally thrilled my in-laws aren't crazy! I can't be in the presence of my parents without being overwhelmed with the knowledge that so many people have gone through life without the love and adoration of such and awesome parent team. I can't be around my closest friends without asking God what I did to deserve them. I can't sing the following lyrics without falling apart at the word no: 


No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.



There's a lot more. I'm actually pretty complex. Now I'm going to bed and maybe tomorrow we can talk about something a little more serious. I'm contemplating things that I should share with you. Things like ice cream flavors, taxes and depression....not necessarily in that order. 


Love you all,


Sara

No comments: