10.26.2010

It's lellow

I had a disagreement with Biscuits this morning. We were having a fine morning until he got frustrated with me, and it was all downhill from there. 


Breakfast had been served in it's usual homespun fashion, yes...yes as a matter of fact that does mean dry cereal and a banana. So after I had slaved in the kitchen for those 3 minutes getting his and surrogate daughter's daughter (we need to name her something) their bountiful meal, I moved on to work things. I was busy sorting through email when the boy came around the corner with an apple jack (a green apple jack...just one) and in a very determined voice, all while shaking the green apple jack in my face said: It's LELLOW! 


Me: No, it's green
Biscuits: NO Ma-ammy - it's lellow.
Me: Um...no...it's green


(yes I know I'm arguing with a 2 year old, but how else will he learn? Come-on people! Give me some support)


Biscuits: MOMMY! IT'S LELLOW!
Me: Biscuits, listen to me, you can say it's lellow all day, but just because you say it's lellow...isn't gonna make it lellow. Got it?


He stared into my eyes, blinked a few times, and processed. I could tell I had reached him. He knew I was right. I was certain we finally made headway. As he turned to walk away, I heard it, a little whisper, an arrogant, hard headed, resolved whisper: 'It's lellow'.


All I can say is I sat there thinking...someday that resolve will come in handy. When Biscuits meets reality and Hebrews 11:1 is put to the test. I hope he stands firm and proclaims to the earth: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see...and people it's lellow!


AMEN.

No comments: